Apricot glazed Carrots
|Red bell pepper||1 Medium, diced|
|Carrots||2 Cup (32 tbs), peeled and sliced, 1/2 inch thick|
|Onion||1 Medium, peeled and diced|
|Dill leaves||1 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
|Apricot jam||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Water||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs) (for boiling)|
|Coriander leaves||1⁄2 Teaspoon, finely chopped (optional)|
1. In a medium sauce pan, combine water and salt and bring to boil.
2. Once boiled, add carrots and boil on high flame till cooked al dente.
3. Reduce flame and add onions and bell peppers. Mix well and simmer on low flame for 4 to 5 minutes.
4. Remove from flame, add apricot jam, dill leaves, salt and pepper to taste. Mix well. Garnish with coriander leaves.
5. Serve warm on a bed of rice with Spicy Roast Chicken, or as desired.
Calories 109 Calories from Fat 3
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.35 g0.54%
Saturated Fat 0.06 g0.29%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 147.1 mg6.1%
Total Carbohydrates 26 g8.8%
Dietary Fiber 3.5 g14%
Sugars 18.6 g
Protein 2 g3.3%
Vitamin A 240.3% Vitamin C 85.6%
Calcium 4.5% Iron 4.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet