Ginger Glazed Carrots
|Carrots||1 Pound (1 bunch)|
|Chicken seasoned stock base||1 Teaspoon|
|Bon appetit||1 Teaspoon|
|Water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Parsley flakes||1 Teaspoon (as required)|
1) Rinse the carrots and slice into rounds.
2) In a skillet, add the carrots, seasoned stock base, Bon Appetit, sugar, water and 1 tablespoon butter together.
3) Cover and cook for 12 minutes, drain thoroughly.
4) Then stir in rest of the butter, lemon juice, honey, ginger and nutmeg.
5) Cook, uncovered, over a medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes, tossing occasionally, until the carrots are thoroughly glazed.
6) Sprinkle with the parsley flakes and serve the Ginger Glazed Carrots immediately.