Baked Carrots Holstein
|Young carrots||1 Pound (1 bunch, about 3 inches long)|
|Imitation butter flavoring||1⁄2 Teaspoon (optional)|
|Dry skim milk powder||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chicken bouillon||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Wash carrots and scrape them.
2. Grease a non-stick pan with the butter flavouring.
3. Line a shallow baking dish with foil.
4. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
5. In the greased pan, add the carrots and slowly brown them; turn as needed.
6. Roll browned carrots in milk powder.
7. In the lined baking dish, place the milk powder coated carrots.
8. Pour bouillon over them.
9. Place the dish in oven and bake for about 1 hour until carrots are tender.
10. Serve Baked Carrots Holstein with a casserole dish.
Calories 148 Calories from Fat 18
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2 g3.1%
Saturated Fat 0.47 g2.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 4.2 mg1.4%
Sodium 342.8 mg14.3%
Total Carbohydrates 28 g9.2%
Dietary Fiber 6.4 g25.4%
Sugars 14.3 g
Protein 6 g12.6%
Vitamin A 757.8% Vitamin C 22.7%
Calcium 7.8% Iron 5.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet