Carrot Raisin Cookies
|All-purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Shortening||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), softened (1 Stick)|
|Sugar||2 Tablespoon (Or As Needed)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Raw carrot||2 Cup (32 tbs), grated|
|Raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Lightly grease several cookie sheets.
3. Using a sieve, sift together flour with baking powder and salt; set aside.
4. In a large bowl of electric mixer, beat shortening, butter, 1/2 cup sugar, the egg and vanilla at medium speed until light and fluffy.
5. Gradually add the flour mixture and beat at low speed.
6. Then, add grated carrot, and beat until just combined.
7. Using a wooden spoon mix chopped raisins in the mixture.
8. Cover the bowl and refrigerate for 1 hour.
9. Using a round tablespoon, drop the batter on the cookie sheet at about 2 inches apart; makes about 28 cookies.
10. Grease the bottom of a glass with oil, then dip in sugar and use it to flatten each cookie.
11. Place the baking sheet in oven and bake for about 15 to 20 minutes until golden-brown.
12. Let the cookies cool down completely.
13. Serve them as snacks or prepare Carrot Raisin Ice Cream Sandwiches using ice cream.