Orange Glazed Carrots and Onions
|Diagonally sliced carrots||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Firmly packed light brown sugar/Dark brown sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Butter||1 Tablespoon, whipped, softened|
|Frozen pearl onions||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Grated orange peel||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
1) In a 1-quart ovenproof shallow casserole, mix together the carrots and water.
2) With a vented plastic wrap, cover and on high power, cook for 4 minutes. Cook until the carrots turn tender-crisp.
3) In a small bowl, add the sugar, butter, and cornstarch. Mix thoroughly.
4) To the carrot mix, add this.
5) Gradually add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
6) Cover again and on high power, microwave for 3 minutes, or until heated through. By now, the mixture will become thick in consistency.
7) Serve the Orange Glazed Carrots and Onions immediately, garnished with fresh parsley.
Calories 170 Calories from Fat 56
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g9.8%
Saturated Fat 3.9 g19.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 16.1 mg5.4%
Sodium 218.4 mg9.1%
Total Carbohydrates 28 g9.4%
Dietary Fiber 3.8 g15.3%
Sugars 15.1 g
Protein 2 g3.8%
Vitamin A 411.4% Vitamin C 15.7%
Calcium 6.9% Iron 2.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet