Fresh Carrot Pasta with Cream and Mint
|Carrots||1⁄2 Pound, peeled and diced (225 gram)|
|Vegetable oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Semolina||375 Milliliter (1 1/2 cups)|
|All purpose flour||375 Milliliter (1 1/2 cups)|
|White pepper||1 Pinch|
|Carrots||1⁄2 Pound, peeled and julienned (225 gram)|
|Butter||45 Milliliter (3 tablespoon)|
|Finely chopped fresh mint||15 Milliliter (1 tablespoon)|
|Cream||310 Milliliter (1 3/4 cups)|
|White pepper||To Taste|
1) In a food processor, puree the carrots finely, then add rest of the ingredients and process to form a dough.
2) Alternately, pile the flours and seasonings on a work surface and make a well in the center.
3) Add the eggs, oil and carrot puree and work into the dry ingredients with a fork to form a rough dough .
4) Knead the dough by hand, adding extra flour if needed for 8 to 10 minutes, to form a smooth, elastic ball. Cover with a damp cloth or plastic wrap and allow to stand for 30 minutes.
5) Divide the dough into three pieces and roll out into very thin sheets with a rolling pin or pasta machine.
6) Trim to about 8 inches long rectangles, then cover and allow to stand for 15 minutes.
7) Roll up each rectangle along its length and slice off about 1/4 inch wide sections by hand, unroll into taglierini. With a pasta machine, cut to desired width, dust the ribbons lightly with flour and allow to stand, uncovered, to dry slightly.
8) In a pan, cook the pasta in the boiling salted water, until tender. Drain the pasta, stir in a little vegetable oil.
9) In a pan, blanch the carrots in boiling water, until just tender.
10) In a saucepan, gently saute the mint in the butter for 30 seconds, stir in the cream and simmer, uncovered, until thick.
11) Season the sauce lightly and stir in the carrots, mix thoroughly and pour over the pasta.
12) Serve the Fresh Carrot Pasta with Cream and Mint, immediately on individual serving plates.
Calories 1153 Calories from Fat 174
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g29.4%
Saturated Fat 10 g50%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 135.4 mg45.1%
Sodium 842 mg35.1%
Total Carbohydrates 212 g70.7%
Dietary Fiber 9.8 g39.2%
Sugars 33.2 g
Protein 29 g57.6%
Vitamin A 392.9% Vitamin C 13.3%
Calcium 25.8% Iron 36.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet