Sweet And Sour Carrots
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) Wash the carrots, scrape them and then slice thinly.
2) In a saucepan with water and salt, put the carrot slices and bring the mixture to a boil.
3) Gently cook over low heat for about 10 minutes.
4) Drain the carrots, reserving about ½ cup of the liquid.
5) In a separate saucepan, melt the margarine and blend in the flour.
6) Add the reserved liquid, steadily stirring till the mixture hits boiling point.
7) Add the sugar, vinegar and carrots and mix well.
8) Gently cook the mixture over low heat for about 5 minutes.
9) Serve the Sweet and Sour Carrots while they are still warm as a side dish. A bread of preference can be served on the side. The preparation also makes a good appetizer.