Food Processor Carrot Cake With Cream Cheese Frosting
|Carrots||1 Cup (16 tbs), shredded|
|Pineapple||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), crushed|
|All-purpose flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Vegetable oil||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Walnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Whipping cream||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Cream cheese||8 Ounce (1 Packet)|
|Icing sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Salt||To Taste (For The Cream Cheese Frosting:)|
|Vanilla essence||1 Tablespoon (For The Cream Cheese Frosting:)|
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease and flour a 9 X 9" baking dish.
2) Into the food processor, add flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Pulse for 3-4 whole turns.
3) Add in carrots, pineapple, oil, eggs and vanilla extract. Pulse the mixture till all the ingredients blend into each other. Keep scraping the sides of the processor intermittently.
4) Add in the walnuts and pulse for only about 10 seconds.
5) Pour the cake batter into the baking pan and bake for 40 to 45 minutes. Let cool completely.
6) To prepare the cream cheese frosting, combine cream cheese, icing sugar, salt and vanilla essence.
7) Add in a 1/4 cup whipped cream into the cream cheese and whip well till creamy and light. Fold in the rest of the whipped cream.
8) Spread the frosting evenly over the top and sides of the carrot cake.
9) Sprinkle the top with a handful of chopped walnuts.