Glazed Carrots And Brussels Sprouts
|Carrots||1 Pound, cut in 1 1/2-inch pieces|
|Frozen brussels sprouts||20 Ounce (2 Packages Of 10 Ounce Each)|
|Onion||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Condensed consomme||10 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Can, Campbell'S)|
|Apple juice||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||2 Teaspoon|
|Parsley sprigs||3 , chopped|
1. In a saucepan add carrots and cover with cold water.
2. Cook then until tender crisp.
3. Remove carrots with a slotted spoon into a colander, drain and keep hot.
4. To the boiling water in which carrots were cooked, boil the Brussel sprouts until tender -crisp.
5. Drain and combine with the carrots.
6. In a saucepan, melt the butter.
7. Add the onion to it and sautÃ© until soft.
8. Tip in consommÃ© and stir in the apple juice, lemon juice and seasonings.
9. Bring to a boil, stirring.
10. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring frequently until thick.
11. Add the vegetables and cook
12. Dish out into individual bowls and garnish with parsley.