Carrots And Pea Pods
|Carrots||2 Medium, bias sliced 1/4 inch thick|
|Fresh pea pods/1/2 of a 6-ounce package frozen pea pods||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Orange peel||1⁄4 Teaspoon, finely shredded|
|Orange juice||1⁄8 Cup (2 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||2 Teaspoon|
1) In a 1-quart casserole, add carrots and water.
2) Cook covered on 100% power (high) for 2 to 3 minutes until crisp-tender.
3) Add the pea pods.
4) Cook covered on high for 1 to 2 minutes.
5) Keep covered for sometime.
6) To prepare orange sauce, in a 1-cup measure add orange peel, orange juice, and cornstarch.
7) Add soy sauce and combine.
8) Cook on high for 2 to 3 minutes stirring every 30 seconds.
9) Drain the carrot mixture.
10) Gently add orange sauce with carrot mixture.
11) Cook covered on high for 30 seconds to 1 minute.
12) Serve hot.