Cheddar Scalloped Carrots With Walnuts
|Cheddar cheese||8 Ounce|
|Carrots||2 Pound, pared|
|Whole wheat flour||4 Tablespoon|
|Vegit seasoning||2 Teaspoon|
|Hot milk||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)|
|Green onion tops||6 , cut into 1/2-inch lengths|
|Walnuts||4 Ounce, lightly roasted|
1) Preheat oven to 350Â°F.
2) In a food processor bowl with a shredding disc, process the Cheddar cheese until shredded, keep aside.
3) In a processor bowl with a slicing disc, process the carrots until sliced. Steam for 7-10 minutes until just tender, keep aside.
4) In a processor bowl with a metal blade, process the onions until finely chopped.
5) In a saucepan, saute the onions in the butter over a medium heat until soft and transparent.
6) Turn off the heat, gradually stir in the flour and Vegit seasoning.
7) Gradually pour in hot milk, stir continuously over a low heat until the mixture has thickened.
8) Gradually stir in the cheese and cook over a low heat , stirring constantly until the cheese is melted and smooth.
9) Stir in the green onions.
10) In a greased shallow baking dish, arrange the carrots at the bottom and pour over the sauce.
11) Bake, uncovered in the preheated oven for 15 minutes. Spread over the walnuts and bake for further 15 minutes.
12) Serve immediately on individual serving plates.