Orange Glazed Carrots
|Baby carrots||32 Ounce (2 Pounds)|
|Packed brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Orange juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) In a slow cooker, combine together all the ingredients except for the water and cornstarch.
2) Cover the cooker and cook over low heat for 3 to 4 hours till the carrots are crisp and soft.
3) In a serving dish, put the carrots and keep them warm. Keep the cooking juices aside.
4) In a small saucepan, put the cooking juices and bring to a boil.
5) In a small bowl, mix the water and cornstarch till the ingredients have blended well.
6) Add the mixture to the juices and boil for about 1 minute or till the mixture has thickened. Keep stirring constantly.
7) Pour the mixture all over the cooked carrots.
8) Serve immediately.
Calories 314 Calories from Fat 84
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g14.8%
Saturated Fat 5.9 g29.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 24.2 mg8.1%
Sodium 187.2 mg7.8%
Total Carbohydrates 57 g19.1%
Dietary Fiber 7.3 g29.1%
Sugars 40.9 g
Protein 2 g3.7%
Vitamin A 632.4% Vitamin C 35.7%
Calcium 11.2% Iron 13.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet