Sugared Mashed Carrots
|Carrots||8 Medium, peeled and cut into 1-inch lengths|
|Water||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sugar syrup||4 Tablespoon (Simple)|
|Fresh mint sprig||2 (For Garnishing)|
1. In a medium-size saucepan, mix carrots, water, and sugar.
2. Bring the mixture to a boil and reduce the heat to medium.
3. Simmer for about 30 minutes until tender.
4. Drain and keep aside in a bowl.
5. In the bowl containing carrot, add sugar syrup.
6. Mash the carrots coarsely with a fork.
7. Cool the mixture to room temperature.
8. On a small round or oval plate, spread the mashed carrots.
9. Spread evenly and flatten slightly with the back of a fork.
10. Garnish with mint sprigs.
Calories 101 Calories from Fat 2
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.2 g0.31%
Saturated Fat 0.03 g0.16%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 62.3 mg2.6%
Total Carbohydrates 25 g8.3%
Dietary Fiber 2.3 g9.3%
Sugars 21 g
Protein 0.78 g1.6%
Vitamin A 272.3% Vitamin C 8.4%
Calcium 2.9% Iron 1.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet