Minted Sweet Carrots
|Carrots||8 Medium, peeled, halved lengthwise, and cut into 1-inch lengths|
|Sugar syrup||3 Tablespoon (Simple)|
|Fresh mint leaves||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
1. In a medium-size saucepan, place carrots and cover with water.
2. Bring the saucepan to a boil and then reduce the heat to medium.
3. Simmer partially covered for about 15 minutes until carrots are just tender.
4. Drain and transfer to a bowl.
5. In the bowl containing carrots, add sugar syrup and toss to coat.
6. Add mint leaves and toss lightly.
7. Serve on a small round or oval plate.
Calories 63 Calories from Fat 2
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.24 g0.37%
Saturated Fat 0.04 g0.21%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 62.2 mg2.6%
Total Carbohydrates 15 g5.1%
Dietary Fiber 2.7 g10.7%
Sugars 10.5 g
Protein 0.94 g1.9%
Vitamin A 276% Vitamin C 10.6%
Calcium 3.9% Iron 2.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet