Minted Sweet Carrots
|Carrots||8 Medium, peeled, halved lengthwise, and cut into 1-inch lengths|
|Sugar syrup||3 Tablespoon (Simple)|
|Fresh mint leaves||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
1. In a medium-size saucepan, place carrots and cover with water.
2. Bring the saucepan to a boil and then reduce the heat to medium.
3. Simmer partially covered for about 15 minutes until carrots are just tender.
4. Drain and transfer to a bowl.
5. In the bowl containing carrots, add sugar syrup and toss to coat.
6. Add mint leaves and toss lightly.
7. Serve on a small round or oval plate.