|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Orange juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) Remove the peel of carrots and grate coarsely and not fine.
2) In a large frying pan; stir in butter until melted, now add salt, sugar, cardamom and carrots, mix well and cover with lid.
3) Continue cooking on moderate heat for about 10 minutes, mixing several times.
4) Now stir in orange juice and continue cooking for 5 more minutes until carrots are just cooked through yet crisp.
5) Using a slotted spoon, add the mixture into the heated serving bowl.
6) If desired, garnish with thin wedges of fresh orange and parsley.
Calories 143 Calories from Fat 102
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g17.9%
Saturated Fat 7.3 g36.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 30.2 mg10.1%
Sodium 535.9 mg22.3%
Total Carbohydrates 10 g3.3%
Dietary Fiber 2.1 g8.4%
Sugars 6 g
Protein 0.91 g1.8%
Vitamin A 248.2% Vitamin C 20.1%
Calcium 3% Iron 1.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet