Candied Carrots And Onions
|Carrots||6 Large, pared|
|White onions||12 Small, peeled|
|Light molasses||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Ground ginger||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground allspice||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
1) In two separate medium-size saucepans, boil water with salt.
2) In one saucepan add carrots and onions in another.
3) Cook the vegetables fo 20 minutes or until crisp tender.
4) In a large frying pan, melt butter or margarine.
5) In the pan, add molasses with salt, sugar and allspice.
6) Heat the mixture until it boils, while stirring continuously.
7) Add onions and carrots to the molasses syrup and turn well to coat the vegetables.
8) Simmer the vegetables and cook for 10 minutes, while stirring frequently.
9) Allow the vegetables to glazed richly.
10) Serve candied carrots and onions warm as side dish.