Orange Glazed Carrots
|Carrots||1 Pound, cut in 1/2-inch rounds|
|Ground ginger||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Orange juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Fruit juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Sweet orange marmalade||1 Tablespoon|
|Finely chopped fresh parsley/1 1/2 teaspoons dried parsley||1 Tablespoon|
1) In a steamer, steam carrots for 15-20 minutes until just slightly crunchy and keep them aside.
2) In a saucepan, mix together arrowroot and ginger and then slowly stir in orange juice to dissolve arrowroot.
3) Cook the mixture over medium heat and mix in marmalade.
4) Thicken the mixture to a light syrup consistency by stir cooking continuously.
5) Mix in carrots and parsley and warm well.
6) Serve warm at once.