Ginger Glazed Carrots
|Carrots||1 Pound, thinly sliced crosswise|
|Orange juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Powdered ginger||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Grated nutmeg||1 Pinch|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Pinch|
1. In a saucepan, steam the carrots for 5 minutes or until they are soft.
2. Take a 2-quart saucepan and mix orange juice and cornstarch. Stir well until dissolved properly.
3. Bring it boil on medium flame and keep cooking for about 2 minutes.
4. Add ginger, nutmeg, cinnamon and carrots. Toss to coat.
5. Serve hot in a serving dish.
Calories 65 Calories from Fat 3
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.38 g0.59%
Saturated Fat 0.1 g0.48%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 78.8 mg3.3%
Total Carbohydrates 15 g5.1%
Dietary Fiber 3.4 g13.6%
Sugars 6.7 g
Protein 1 g2.4%
Vitamin A 379.5% Vitamin C 24.1%
Calcium 4.2% Iron 2.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet