Glazed Jicama And Carrot Saute
|Yam||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), pared, julienne-cut|
|Carrots||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), julienne-cut|
|Dry white table wine||8 Teaspoon|
|Unsweetened frozen apple juice concentrate||1 Tablespoon, thawed|
|Cumin||1⁄3 Teaspoon, ground|
1. Grease a 10-inch nonstick skillet using nonstick cooking spray.
2. To the skillet, add yam and carrots and cook with frequent stirring for 3 minutes over high heat.
3. Lower the heat to medium.
4. Stir in 1/2 cup water, wine, and apple juice concentrate; cook covered for 2 minutes.
5. Stir in the vegetable mixture; cook covered for about 3 minutes until the vegetables are tender. (Sprinkle 1 teaspoon of water, if required)
6. Add cumin; stir and cook uncovered for 1 minute until the vegetables are glazed.
7. Serve immediately.