What a great variation on steamed carrots! The alcohol burns off, so everyone in the family can enjoy them.
1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)
3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)
Celery leaves and stems
3 , finely diced
2 Pound, peeled & sliced 1/4" thick
1. Place butter, sugar, dry vermouth and cook until thick in a saucepan.
2. Stir in the onion, stalks of celery with leaves, finely diced onions and carrots and mix and coat everything with the sugar & vermouth.
3. Place over high heat and bring to a simmer.
4. Reduce heat to low, put the lid on and cook for about 20 minutes. Test one of the carrots with a knife; they're done when just barely tender.
5. Serve hot with your favorite main dishes and enjoy!
Carrots make a fantastic side to any festive dinner, but just steaming them can get a bit bland and boring. These carrots are cooked in a wonderful vermouth along with finely diced celery and onions. Watch this video and learn to make sweet steamed carrots, guaranteed to please everyone's taste buds!