|Carrots||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Boiling water||(as required)|
|Orange juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Orange||1 Medium, thinly sliced|
1) Wash carrots in cold water and scrub them well.
2) Cut off stem end; do not pare.
3) In a 10-inch skillet with tight-fitting cover, place the carrots.
4) Add boiling water to measure 1 inch and the salt.
5) Boil the carrots; lower the heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes, or until just tender but not mushy.
6) Drain the carrots; cool 10 minutes; then peel skin with knife.
7) In medium skillet, combine orange juice, sugar, butter, and orange slices.
8) Add carrots; simmer gently, spooning glaze over carrots, 5 to 10 minutes, or until tender.
9) Serve the range glaze carrots as side dish.