Julienne Of Leeks, Carrots And Turnips
|Carrots||1 Cup (16 tbs), julienned|
|Turnip||1 Cup (16 tbs), julienned|
|Shallot/1 clove garlic , minced||1|
|Ground pepper||To Taste|
1. Get rid of the dark green part of Leek.
2. Cut three quarters towards the
3. Slice the leeks in 2-inch lengths and make ¼ inch strips by cutting the slices lengthwise.
4. Use the French fry disc of the food processors to cut the carrots and turnips in the above manner. Avoid using the Julienne attachment of the food processor which cuts vegetables in very small strips.
5. Take a large pot of boiling salted water and blanch the turnips and carrots in it for about 3-4 minutes.
6. Boil for another 3 minutes by adding leeks. Let them go soft, then drain the vegetables and keep them aside.
7. Take a skillet and soften the butter in it over medium heat, fry garlic or shallot in it until it goes soft. Add drained vegetables at this point and cook by stirring until they are done.
8. Serve after seasoning with salt and pepper.