Sauteed Snow Peas and Carrots
|Baby carrots||1⁄4 Bunch (25 gm) (1 Small Bunch, About 8)|
|Snow peas||1⁄2 Pound|
|Unsalted butter||2 Tablespoon|
|Vegetable oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
1. Remove the skin of carrot, wash it and trim its ends and cut it into Julienne strips.
2. Clean snow peas by washing and trimming their ends.
3. Take a pot of salted water and boil it.
4. Soak the carrots in boiling salted water for about a minute and then strain it. Save the strained water for future use. Rinse the carrots under cold water.
5. Pat dry carrots before frying them.
6. Take a skillet and add oil or butter into it. Put snow peas and carrots into it and fry for several minutes until they turn crispy. The peas and carrots should be continuously stirred throughout the cooking period.
7. Serve after seasoning with cardamom, salt and pepper.