Stir Fried Carrots Snow Peas and Enoki Mushrooms
|Carrots||1⁄2 Pound (2 Large Pieces)|
|Snow peas||1⁄4 Pound|
|Enoki mushrooms||3 1⁄2 Ounce (Package)|
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Oriental sesame oil||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Approximately)|
|Freshly ground white pepper||To Taste|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 200 degrees.
2) Peel the carrots and trim them. Cut crosswise into pieces which are about 2-inches long. Cut each piece into half lengthwise and then cut further, lengthwise, into ¼-inch julienne. Keep aside.
3) In a colander, put the snow peas and wash them under cold running water. Drain and dry with paper towels. Trim the ends of the peas and remove the strings. Lengthwise cut the snow peas into thin strips. Keep aside.
4) After trimming the root ends of the enoki mushrooms, set the mushrooms aside and throw away the ends.
5) In a large sauté pan or wok placed over medium-high flame, heat the vegetable oil. Once the oil is hot enough, add the carrots and stir fry them, adding 1 or 2 tablespoons of water to help speed up the cooking. Cook for about 2 minutes.
6) Add the snow pea strips and continue to stir fry for another 1 minute.
7) Add the mushrooms and continue cooking for another minute or just until they have heated thoroughly.
8) Take the pan off the heat and season the vegetables with sugar, sesame oil and salt and pepper to taste. Turn the preparation into a medium-sized heatproof bowl. Place in oven and keep warm.
9) Serve warm.
Calories 43 Calories from Fat 21
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2 g3.6%
Saturated Fat 0.3 g1.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 69 mg2.9%
Total Carbohydrates 5 g1.6%
Dietary Fiber 1.5 g6.1%
Sugars 2 g
Protein 0.99 g2%
Vitamin A 97.8% Vitamin C 17%
Calcium 1.6% Iron 3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet