Candied Carrot Sticks
|Carrots||4 , peeled|
|Brown sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Orange juice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Red cabbage leaves||4|
|Cottage cheese||2 Tablespoon|
|Ground pepper||To Taste|
|Sesame seeds||1 Tablespoon|
1) Cut the carrots in halves and then cut slices along the length to prepare carrot sticks.
2) In a fry pan, melt butter over medium heat and place the carrot sticks into the pan. Properly stir to coat the carrots with butter.
3) Add brown sugar and orange juice. Let this get caramelized over medium heat.
4) In a small bowl, place a cabbage leaf. Put cottage cheese over the leaf and season with freshly ground black pepper.
5) Place the sugary carrot sticks on top of the cottage cheese.
6) Serve by sprinkling sesame seeds on top.