|Olive oil/Cooking oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Yellow onion||1 Medium, peeled and chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), peeled and crushed|
|Ripe tomatoes||2 , peeled, seeded, and coarsely chopped|
|Carrots||8 Medium, cut in julienne strips and parboiled|
1. In a large skillet, heat the oil over a medium flame.
2. When the oil is hot, add the onions and garlic to it and stir fry for about 5-8 minutes until soft and lightly browned.
3. Tip in the tomatoes and stir for 1 to 2 minutes until soft
4. Add drained carrots and mix well
5. Cover the pan with its lid, reduce flame to low and simmer carrots for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until carrots are tender but still have a bit of crunch to them.
6. Remove the lid and heat through for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally
7. Sprinkle carrots with salt and pepper and stir to mix.
8. Serve the carrots in a dish or as a side dish on the plate.
Calories 92 Calories from Fat 47
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g8.1%
Saturated Fat 0.73 g3.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 221.3 mg9.2%
Total Carbohydrates 11 g3.7%
Dietary Fiber 3.1 g12.4%
Sugars 4.9 g
Protein 1 g2.5%
Vitamin A 278.6% Vitamin C 17.1%
Calcium 3.3% Iron 2.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet