|Olive oil/Cooking oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Yellow onion||1 Medium, peeled and chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), peeled and crushed|
|Ripe tomatoes||2 , peeled, seeded, and coarsely chopped|
|Carrots||8 Medium, cut in julienne strips and parboiled|
1. In a large skillet, heat the oil over a medium flame.
2. When the oil is hot, add the onions and garlic to it and stir fry for about 5-8 minutes until soft and lightly browned.
3. Tip in the tomatoes and stir for 1 to 2 minutes until soft
4. Add drained carrots and mix well
5. Cover the pan with its lid, reduce flame to low and simmer carrots for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until carrots are tender but still have a bit of crunch to them.
6. Remove the lid and heat through for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally
7. Sprinkle carrots with salt and pepper and stir to mix.
8. Serve the carrots in a dish or as a side dish on the plate.