Turkish Fried White Beans And Carrots
|Dried white beans||1 Pound, boiled just 1 hour but not drained|
|Yellow onions||3 Large, peeled and chopped finely|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), peeled and minced|
|Olive oil||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Carrots||4 Medium, peeled and cut into rounds 1/4" thick|
(1) In a large skillet, heat oil over a medium low flame.
(2) Add onions and garlic and sauté for 5-8 minutes soft and lightly caramelized
(3) Tip the onions, garlic and oil into the warm beans in their liquid
(4) Add carrots, salt, and pepper and give a good stir
(5) Cover the skillet and simmer beans for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally, until beans and vegetables are tender.
(6) Serve the bean stew as a side dish to lamb or meat