Artichoke and Carrot Casserole
|Jerusalem artichokes||1 Pound|
|Cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Wash carrots, peel and slice in ovals.
2. Peel artichokes and cut into cube.
3. Clean shallots and cut into 1 inch length.
4. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
5. In a pot of boiling water, cook carrots for 10 minutes and then add artichokes and cook for 5 minutes until almost soft; drain well.
6. In a pan, melt butter and stir in flour; cook for 5 minutes.
7. Add stock and seasonings; bring to a boil.
8. Remove pan from heat and stir in most of the cheese ( save some for topping casserole).
9. In the prepared casserole, arrange shallots, carrots and artichokes.
10. Pour over the sauce and sprinkle remaining cheese on top.
11. Bake in oven for 10-15 minutes until top golden brown.
12. Serve Artichoke and Carrot Casserole with garlic bread and salad on the side.