Artichoke and Carrot Casserole
|Jerusalem artichokes||1 Pound|
|Cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Wash carrots, peel and slice in ovals.
2. Peel artichokes and cut into cube.
3. Clean shallots and cut into 1 inch length.
4. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
5. In a pot of boiling water, cook carrots for 10 minutes and then add artichokes and cook for 5 minutes until almost soft; drain well.
6. In a pan, melt butter and stir in flour; cook for 5 minutes.
7. Add stock and seasonings; bring to a boil.
8. Remove pan from heat and stir in most of the cheese ( save some for topping casserole).
9. In the prepared casserole, arrange shallots, carrots and artichokes.
10. Pour over the sauce and sprinkle remaining cheese on top.
11. Bake in oven for 10-15 minutes until top golden brown.
12. Serve Artichoke and Carrot Casserole with garlic bread and salad on the side.
Calories 530 Calories from Fat 170
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g29.8%
Saturated Fat 11.6 g58.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 54.5 mg18.2%
Sodium 785.9 mg32.7%
Total Carbohydrates 74 g24.8%
Dietary Fiber 10 g40%
Sugars 32.7 g
Protein 20 g40.7%
Vitamin A 787.5% Vitamin C 47.6%
Calcium 40.1% Iron 53.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet