Having problems getting kids to eat vegetables? Here is great healthy snack that everyone will love.
All purpose flour
1 Cup (16 tbs)
2 Tablespoon, grated
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finely grated
Vegetable oil/Canola oil
2 Tablespoon (or 1 teaspoon more as required)
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, add all purpose flour, Parmesan cheese, baking powder and salt. Whisk it well until combined.
4. Add grated carrots to the mixture and using hands mix it well to coat all evenly. Pour oil and continue to mix well till it forms a dough like mixture, takes around 5 minutes (add an extra 1 teaspoon oil if required to make the dough). Let it rest for 1 or 2 minutes.
5. On a flat work surface spread parchment paper and roll out the dough into ½ inch thick sheet. Using a knife, cut the dough into sticks, 2 inches long by 1/4 inch wide.
6. Place it on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 15-17 minutes. Remove from oven and allow it to cool completely before serving.
7. In a serving plate, serve the carrot sticks with a choice of dip or as it is.
To Freeze: Once the dough is cut into sticks, place them onto a baking sheet and freeze for 30 minutes. Remove and put it in a ziploc bag and put it in the freezer till used later. When ready to use, bake as per the directions by adding an additional 2-3 minutes to the baking time.
Are you looking for some healthy snack ideas? Watch this video and learn a variety of snacking ideas using carrots. These are quite simple, but the final product is surely delicious and nutritious. Your family and particularly the kids are going to enjoy these!