Grilled Jamaican Jerk Split Chicken and Foil Pan Yams with Onions & Peppers
|Grilled jamaican jerk split chicken|
|Jamaican jerk split chickens||2 Pound (Wegmans)|
|Jamaican jerk finishing sauce||8 Ounce, warmed (1 jar (8 oz) Wegmans)|
|Foil pan yams with onions & peppers|
|Yellow onion||1 Pound, peeled, chopped|
|Yams||1 1⁄2 Pound, peeled, 1/2-inch dice|
|Sweet red pepper||3⁄4 Pound, cored, seeded, 1/2-inch dice|
|Basting oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Cracked black pepper||To Taste|
1. Preheat grill on HIGH 10 min.
2. Clean grill with wire brush. Using soft cloth, coat grill grate lightly with vegetable oil.
3. Reduce heat to MEDIUM. Sear chicken on grill 2-3 minutes, until it has changed color one-quarter of the way up from bottom. Turn over and sear 2-3 minutes.
4. Close lid. Cook chicken 30-35 minutes, or until internal temperature of chicken reaches 165 degrees F. Check by inserting thermometer halfway into thickest part of chicken.
5. Place onion in single layer in foil pan and top evenly with yams and red pepper. Drizzle with basting oil and season to taste with salt and pepper.
6. Cover pan tightly with large piece of foil, sealing well. Place pan on grill and close grill lid. Grill, covered, 20-25 min or until yams are tender.
7. Take foil pan off the grill and remove foil covering carefully using oven mitts to avoid getting burned by the steam.
8. When chicken is cooked, transfer to a clean platter. Rest for 5-10 minutes.
9. Serve the Grilled Jamaican Jerk Split Chicken with warmed sauce. Accompany with the Grilled Yams with Onions & Peppers, on the side.
Calories 1605 Calories from Fat 799
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 88 g135.3%
Saturated Fat 6.6 g32.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 548.6 mg22.9%
Total Carbohydrates 189 g63%
Dietary Fiber 20.2 g80.8%
Sugars 4.4 g
Protein 17 g33.9%
Vitamin A 58% Vitamin C 242%
Calcium 3.6% Iron 7.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet