Mojo Chicken Kabobs with Asparagus, Jicama, Red Pepper, & Corn Salad
|For the chicken kabobs|
|Mojo marinated chicken breast cutlets||1 Pound, cut into 1-inch cubes (Wegmans)|
|Sweet red pepper||1 Large, cored, 1-inch dice|
|Sweet onion||1 Large, peeled, 1-inch dice|
|Cracked black pepper||To Taste|
|For the salad|
|Asparagus||1 Pound, trimmed, bias cut|
|Jicama||1 Pound, peeled, cut in 1/4-inch thick pieces|
|Corn kernels||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (2 ears of corn, shucked, kernels removed)|
|Basting oil||3 Tablespoon|
1. Prepare the salad before hand - Blanch asparagus and red pepper in large pot of boiling salted water 1 minute. Add corn; blanch 30 seconds. Drain; place all veggies in bowl of ice water. Drain well.
2. Toss jicama, asparagus, pepper, and corn with basting oil; season to taste with salt and pepper. Let marinate until ready to serve.
3. Soak the wooden skewers for 30 minutes or so.
4. Preheat grill on HIGH 10 min. Clean grill with wire brush. Using soft cloth, coat grill grate lightly with vegetable oil.
5. Assemble kabobs: On each of the seasoned wooden skewers, thread 1 piece chicken, pepper, chunk of onion, chicken, pepper, onion, chicken, pepper, onion, chicken.
6. Season kabobs with salt and pepper; place on grill. Sear kabobs about 2 minutes, until they have changed color one-quarter of way up from bottom; turn over. Sear 2-3 minutes, turning kabobs.
7. Reduce heat to MEDIUM; close cover. Cook 8-10 min until internal temp reaches 165 degrees (check by inserting thermometer halfway into thickest part of chicken). Transfer to clean platter.
8. Serve the Mojo Chicken Kabobs with Asparagus, Jicama, Red Pepper, & Corn Salad.
Calories 412 Calories from Fat 99
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g16.1%
Saturated Fat 1.1 g5.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 40 mg13.3%
Sodium 188.4 mg7.9%
Total Carbohydrates 54 g17.9%
Dietary Fiber 15.6 g62.4%
Sugars 7.5 g
Protein 24 g48.9%
Vitamin A 25% Vitamin C 85.1%
Calcium 4.2% Iron 15.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet