This recipe comes from Fine Cooking magazine, where they make their own pie crust. I went ahead and used store bought to make things faster. I find that this is a beautiful rendition of this dessert.
Canned pure pumpkin
15 Ounce (1 can)
Unsweetened coconut milk
1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)
Light brown sugar
3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)
4 Medium (room temperature)
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Place a rimmed baking pan in center of oven.
2. Line a deep pie pan with the crust on the bottom and sides and pierce with fork to punch small holes.
3. In a bowl place the pumpkin. Add the coconut milk and brown sugar. Whisk until well mixed.
4. Put the spices. Whisk. Add the eggs, one at a time, whisking after each addition. Whisk in the rum.
5. Pour filling into pie pan. Place pie on baking pan.
6. Bake at 425 degrees for 10 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350 degrees and bake for an additional 55 minutes or until pie is not longer jiggly.
7. Remove from oven and allow complete cooling.
8. In a serving plate, slice the pie and serve after dinner.