1. In pot heat water, add in onion, tomatoes, peppers and salt. Boil for few minutes.
2. Add in meat pieces, stir and bring to boil. Turn the heat to medium high. Simmer for 90 minutes.
3. Add root vegetables to the pot – squash, yautia blanca, yautia lila, sweet potato, spanish yam, Idaho potato, yuca and green plantain to the simmering soup.
4. Pour in tomato sauce, sofrito, bay leaf and 1 tbsp. salt.
5. Add in corn, cover the pot and simmer for 45 minutes.
6. Ladle the soup in a bowl and serve hot.