|All purpose flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cumin powder||2 Tablespoon|
|Rubbed sage||2 Tablespoon|
|Salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon (as needed, to taste)|
|Black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon, freshly crushed (as needed, to taste)|
|Chicken||2 Pound (legs and thighs chicken skin on)|
|Extra virgin olive oil||4 Tablespoon|
|White onion||1 Cup (16 tbs), diced|
|Green bell peppers||1 Cup (16 tbs), diced|
|Cilantro||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Coconut milk||1 Cup (16 tbs), canned (1 can, organic)|
|Chicken stock||2 Cup (32 tbs) (organic)|
|Cornstarch||2 Tablespoon (as needed)|
|Cold water||2 Tablespoon (as needed)|
|Sweet potatoes||1 Cup (16 tbs), diced|
1) In a dish, combine the flour, cumin powder, rubbed sage, salt and pepper together.
2) Then dredge chicken legs in flour mixture until thoroughly coated.
3) In a heavy Dutch oven over medium high heat, add oil, place the chicken legs with skin-side down and saute for about 15 minutes until nicely browned on one side. Then flip over and brown the other side.
4) Add the diced onion and bell pepper, cilantro season with a bit more salt and pepper, saute for additional 5 minutes.
5) Then add the coconut milk, chicken stock and sweet potatoes, cook covered for 30 to 35 minutes.
6) In a small bowl, stir equal parts cold water & cornstarch, mix well to make slurry. Then add into the Dutch oven and cook until the sauce is slightly thickened.
7) Transfer the chicken on a serving platter, spoon over the sauce, garnish with cilantro, and serve.
Calories 1249 Calories from Fat 701
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 79 g120.9%
Saturated Fat 30.5 g152.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 207.4 mg69.1%
Sodium 810.2 mg33.8%
Total Carbohydrates 62 g20.7%
Dietary Fiber 10.3 g41.1%
Sugars 11.2 g
Protein 73 g145.2%
Vitamin A 176.7% Vitamin C 84.8%
Calcium 31.4% Iron 63.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet