Marinating and jerking seitan (spicing up Jamaican-style) gives it a tangy and spicy kick.
8 Ounce, thinly sliced
2 , juiced (or 1 lemon)
4 Clove (20 gm), crushed
Fresh oregano leaves
10 , torn (or Dried oregano- 1/8 teaspoon)
All spice powder
For the vegetables
1 Bunch (100 gm), diced small, leaves torn into small pieces separately
1 Small, diced
Red bell pepper
1 Small, seeded, diced
1. In a bowl put the seitan. Add garlic, oregano and lime juice. Mix them well till all the pieces are coated well.
2. Cover and let it refrigerate overnight. Drain them and set aside.
3. In a small bowl, mix all the jerk spice. Set aside.
4. In a cast iron pan (or non-stick pan), add oil and heat it on medium. Once hot add the seitan and sauté them for around 5 minutes or till they begin to change color to brown.
5. Add the kale stems and stir for 1 minute. Add in the onion and sauté till they turn translucent.
6. Put the bell pepper in and cook till they are tender and onions caramelize. Add the kale leaves and stir well. Once they begin to wilt add the jerk spices and mix well by stirring. Turn off the heat and add the lime zest. Mix well.
7. In a serving plate, serve the seitan with some cooked brown rice and salad.
Jerk spices can elevate the flavors of a simple stir fry, and this Lime Marinated Jerked Seitan is a perfect example of that. The refreshing flavor of lime and the heat of the jerk spice balance the flavors really well. This is a perfect main dish for any gourmet meal.