Haitian Bean Dish
|Kidney beans||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Onion||1 , chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Parsley sprigs||3 , chopped|
|Oil/Bacon drippings||1 Tablespoon|
|Ground cloves||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Water/Broth||1 Cup (16 tbs) (As Required)|
|Rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to 250°
2. Boil beans in water for 5 minutes keeping the pan covered.
3. Add salt. Let the beans stand for 60 minutes.
4. Drain the excess liquid and reserve it.
5. In another pan add oil and saute garlic, parsley and garlic.
6. Combine cloves and pepper. Pour the mixture in a casserole.
7. In a skillet heat oil and saute the beans for 5 minutes on medium flame.
8. Add mixture to the casserole. Add water or broth so that there is 5 1/2 cups of liquid.
9. Bake for 2 hours keeping covered. Check if beans are soft.
10. Add rice and stir well. Bake for 60 minutes more.
11. Add water if needed.
12. Serve Haitan bean dish hot.