Callallo And Crab A La Trinidad
|Fresh spinach||1⁄2 Bunch (50 gm), washed and cut up|
|Ham/Ham bone||1⁄4 Pound|
|Boiling water||1 1⁄2 Pint|
|Canned okra||2 Pound (2 Large Tins Lady's Finger)|
|Crabs||2 , scrubbed and washed|
|Onion||1 , chopped|
1) In an enamelled saucepan, place together crabs, spinach, ham, okra, onion and seasoning.
2) Stir in the boiling water.
3) Simmer the crab mixture until the crabs are tender.
4) Using a perforated ladle take out of the crab and disjoint the crabs and remove the flesh and set aside.
5) In a non-stick pan, heat the butter and stir in the spinach mixture.
6) Return to slow heat for 10 minutes.
7) Using whisk, break down the spinach mixture by stirring until continuously until creamy.
8) Place the crab meat over in a serving bowl and top with spinach mixture.
9) Serve hot with hot steamed rice if desired.