Caribbean Fruit Dessert
|Canned unsweetened sliced peaches||16 Ounce, undrained (1 can)|
|Unsweetened white grape juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lime rind||2 Teaspoon, grated|
|Lime juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Vanilla low fat yogurt||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Coconut||2 Tablespoon, shredded|
1. To prepare the bananas peel them, cut in half crosswise, slice each half lengthwise and set aside.
2. Drain peaches, reserving 1/2 cup juice.
3. In a skillet combine reserved juice, peaches and next 3 ingredients, bring to a boil and reduce heat.
4. Add bananas to the peach mixture and cook over medium-low heat 3 minutes just until bananas are thoroughly heated.
5. Take 4 serving dishes, spoon fruit mixture and top each with 1 tablespoon yogurt and 1/2 tablespoon coconut.
6. Garnish with lime slices and serve.
Calories 183 Calories from Fat 24
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g4.7%
Saturated Fat 2.4 g12.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0.84 mg0.28%
Sodium 17.6 mg0.7%
Total Carbohydrates 40 g13.5%
Dietary Fiber 4.9 g19.6%
Sugars 28.8 g
Protein 2 g4%
Vitamin A 18.2% Vitamin C 24.8%
Calcium 3.3% Iron 6.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet