Jamaican Chicken Calypso
|Canned pineapple chunks||8 Ounce (1 Can, Undrained)|
|Rum||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lime juice||3 Tablespoon|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Dark brown sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Curry powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), finely chopped|
|Ground ginger||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cloves||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Red pepper flakes||1⁄4 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Chicken breast halves||2 Pound (4 In Number, With Bones)|
|Canned mandarin oranges||11 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
|Lime||1 , cut into wedges (For Garnish)|
1) Take a large non-metal dish and drain the juice from pineapple chunks in it. Put the pineapple chunks aside and refrigerate after covering.
2) Add rum, soy sauce, lime juice, curry powder, brown sugar, ginger, garlic red pepper flakes and cloves. Blend nicely.
3) Add chicken to the prepared marinade and coat evenly. Leave chicken turned with the skin side down. Cover and leave for marinating in the refrigerator for 3-6 hours.
4) Preheat oven to 375° F.
5) Drain marinade and keep aside.
6) Take a shallow roasting pan and place chicken on it, with the skin side up.
7) Bake in the oven for about 35 minutes, basting repeatedly with the marinade and pan juices.
8) Add pineapple chunks and mandarin oranges to the pan. Bake of another 5-10 minutes or until chicken turns pink around the bone.
9) Arrange chicken with mandarin oranges and pineapple chunks on a platter. Pour pan juices, after skimming the fat from them, over the chicken. Garnish with lime wedges, if desired.
Calories 208 Calories from Fat 15
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2 g2.6%
Saturated Fat 0.42 g2.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 65.8 mg21.9%
Sodium 291.6 mg12.2%
Total Carbohydrates 12 g4%
Dietary Fiber 1.4 g5.7%
Sugars 8.4 g
Protein 27 g54.1%
Vitamin A 11.2% Vitamin C 30.1%
Calcium 2.9% Iron 8.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet