3 Medium, stems and seeds removed (for the marinade)
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (knox spice Jamaican Rub, for the marinade)
1 Medium, juiced (for the marinade)
200 Milliliter (Red Stripe Jamaican Lager)
1. Prepare the charcoal outdoor grill.
To make the marinade:
2. Blend the ingredients in a blender until smooth.
3. Take the chicken, clean it on the inside and dry with paper towel.
4. Place in a zip-lock, pour the marinade into it and leave in the fridge for about 4 hours.
5. Place the chicken on the grill
6. Begin cooking with the breast a little away from the heat source.
7. Let it cook for about 350-375 degrees with the lid on for about 45 minutes checking periodically.
8. Baste with the marinade from time to time on the inside of the chicken.
9. Let it cook for about 35 minutes with the lid on.
10. During the last 25 minutes of cooking, place whole plantains with skin on the grill and let it cook.
11. Once done, remove from the grill, cut and smear over the pepper sauce.
12. Serve with brown rice, skinned roasted plantains and fresh mango pieces accompanied with a bottle of Red Stripe Beer.
Spicy chicken preparations are a treat when made with typical native spices. Here is a video showing how to make Jerked Chicken, Jamaican Style with Jamaican Spice Rub and spices to serve along with plantains and rice. Good with choicest wine or drink.