Caribbean Bean Casserole
|Onion||1 , minced|
|Sweet red peppers||2 , diced|
|Red chili pepper||1 , minced|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Stock||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Kidney beans||1 Cup (16 tbs), soaked overnight|
|Hot cooked rice||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Tomato juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Fresh coriander||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), minced|
|Part skim mozzarella cheese||2 Ounce, thinly sliced|
1) Coat a casserole dish with butter.
2) In a non-stick pan, heat oil and sautÃ© the onions, red peppers, chili peppers and garlic for 5 minutes.
3) Add the stock, beans and bay leaf.
4) Cover and simmer for 1 1/2 hours, or until the beans are tender.
5) Check for the water in pan and if necessary, add a little more liquid.
6) Remove and discard the bay leaf.
7) Spread the rice in the casserole dish.
8) Pour tomato juice over the rice and top with the beans.
9) Sprinkle with coriander.
10) Cover with the cheese.
11) Broil about 5 inches from the heat until the cheese is melted and lightly browned.
12) Serve Caribbean Bean Casserole hot on flat plate.