Jamaican Crab Salad Composee
|Plain non fat yogurt||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic||1⁄2 Teaspoon, minced|
|Lime zest||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon, finely grated|
|Lime juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Eggs||6 , hard-cooked (3 Packages)|
|Mayonnaise||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Curry powder||1 Tablespoon (Best Quality)|
|Mango||1 Tablespoon, finely chopped (Chutney)|
|Crabmeat||8 Ounce, picked over for shell and cartilage (Jumbo Lump)|
|Mixed salad greens||2 Cup (32 tbs), rinsed and dried (Preferably Mesclun, Baby Lettuces)|
|Lime garlic vinaigrette||2 Tablespoon|
|Banana||1 , thinly sliced on the diagonal|
|Chives||2 Tablespoon, finely snipped (For Garnish)|
1. Peel hard-boiled egg and cut lengthwise into half.
2. Remove and chop yolk finely.
3. Keep aside the whites.
4. In a large mixing bowl, put together the egg yolks, mayonnaise, curry powder, and chutney; mix well.
5. In a food processor, blend together yogurt, garlic, lime zest, 1 table-spoon of the lime juice, and the paprika.
6. In another mixing bowl, toss crabmeat and ¼ cup yogurt mixture.
7. Transfer the dressing to a cup and keep aside.
8. Fill the egg white halves with the yolk mixture; stuff loosely and keep aside.
9. In another mixing bowl, toss the salad greens with vinaigrette.
10. Toss the banana slices with the remaining tablespoon of lime juice.
11. In 4 dinner plates, center the tossed salad greens.
12. Top greens with dressed crab evenly.
13. Alternate the stuffed eggs, 3 halves in each plate and banana slices around the greens and crab.
14. Garnish with snipped chives.
15. Serve immediately.
Calories 374 Calories from Fat 221
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 25 g38.7%
Saturated Fat 3.9 g19.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 386.6 mg128.9%
Sodium 624.2 mg26%
Total Carbohydrates 17 g5.6%
Dietary Fiber 2.8 g11.4%
Sugars 8.6 g
Protein 22 g44.5%
Vitamin A 24.6% Vitamin C 55.6%
Calcium 15% Iron 20.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet