Soft Shell Crabs
|Soft shell crabs||12|
|Flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
|Cayenne pepper||1 Pinch (A Large Pinch)|
|Light oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Olive Oil Or Blended Oil, For Sauteing)|
|Parsley||1 , chopped|
1) Clean and wash the crabs thoroughly with water. Drain.
2) Dust the crabs lightly in flour and shake off the excess.
3) Sprinkle with salt ,pepper and cayenne pepper and insert a small piece of thyme under the shell of each crab.
4) In a large skillet heat 1/3 inch oil until very hot but not smoking hot.
5) Carefully place the crabs in the hot oil, belly side down.
6) Fry quickly for 3 minutes,by turning once and further cook for 4 minutes.
7) When done,transfer the crabs from the pan onto paper towels to drain the excess oil.
8) Garnish with parsley and serve hot with lemon wedges.