Soft Shell Crabs
|Soft shell crabs||12|
|Flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
|Cayenne pepper||1 Pinch (A Large Pinch)|
|Light oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Olive Oil Or Blended Oil, For Sauteing)|
|Parsley||1 , chopped|
1) Clean and wash the crabs thoroughly with water. Drain.
2) Dust the crabs lightly in flour and shake off the excess.
3) Sprinkle with salt ,pepper and cayenne pepper and insert a small piece of thyme under the shell of each crab.
4) In a large skillet heat 1/3 inch oil until very hot but not smoking hot.
5) Carefully place the crabs in the hot oil, belly side down.
6) Fry quickly for 3 minutes,by turning once and further cook for 4 minutes.
7) When done,transfer the crabs from the pan onto paper towels to drain the excess oil.
8) Garnish with parsley and serve hot with lemon wedges.
Calories 580 Calories from Fat 267
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 30 g46.4%
Saturated Fat 4.4 g21.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 198.9 mg66.3%
Sodium 846 mg35.2%
Total Carbohydrates 26 g8.6%
Dietary Fiber 1.7 g6.8%
Sugars 0.1 g
Protein 50 g99.2%
Vitamin A 5% Vitamin C 30.5%
Calcium 25% Iron 23.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet