Martinique Green Beans
|Green beans||1 Pound, stem ends trimmed (Tender Variety)|
|Extra virgin olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Shallots||1 Cup (16 tbs), coarsely slivered|
|Garlic||6 Clove (30 gm), slivered|
|Homemade chicken broth||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), defatted|
|Ripe plum tomatoes||6 , seeded and cut into 1/4-inch dice|
|Fresh thyme leaves||2 Tablespoon|
|Black pepper||To Taste, coarsely ground|
|Fresh lime||3 , halved (For Serving)|
1. In a large pan, bring water to boil.
2. Add the beans and cook for 3-5 minutes until just crisp-tender.
3. Drain and rinse with cold water.
4. Drain again and keep aside.
5. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat.
6. Stir in shallots and garlic.
7. Cook for 5 minutes until the vegetables wilt.
8. Pour broth and cook for about 7 minutes until the shallots become soft.
9. Add tomatoes, thyme, salt, and pepper.
10. Cook for another 3 minutes.
11. Add the cooked green beans; toss and fold to mix well.
12. Cook for the final 2 minutes.
13. Adjust seasonings to taste.
14. Top with fresh lime halves for squeezing over the beans.
15. Serve hot.