Caribbean Jerked Chicken
|Green onions||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), sliced|
|Ginger root||2 Tablespoon, grated|
|Ground allspice||1 Teaspoon|
|Jalapeno||3 , seeded and chopped|
|Vegetable oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Pepper||2 Teaspoon, seasoned|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Chicken thighs and drumsticks||5 (Joined Together)|
|Cooked rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) In a blender or a food processor, add the onions, gingerroot, allspice, jalapeno chiles, oil, seasoned pepper, salt and garlic; chop finely and stir in the honey.
2) Brush the chicken evenly with the mixture.
3) In a slow cooker, place a rack and keep the chicken on the rack.
4) Cook covered on LOW for about 4-4 1/2 hrs or until the chicken is tender. SERVING
5) Garnish with the papaya and serve immediately with the rice.
Calories 78 Calories from Fat 12
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 1 g2.1%
Saturated Fat 0.19 g0.97%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 213.5 mg8.9%
Total Carbohydrates 16 g5.2%
Dietary Fiber 1 g4.1%
Sugars 3.1 g
Protein 1 g2.8%
Vitamin A 7.1% Vitamin C 13.3%
Calcium 1.6% Iron 4.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet