|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)|
|Frozen pineapple juice concentrate||3 Tablespoon, thawed|
|Golden rum||2 Teaspoon|
1. In a medium saucepan blend together sugar, cocoa in water.
2. Place the pan on a low flame and bring the mixture to a boil, stirring continuously for about 3 minutes.
3. Take pan off the heat allow the sauce to cool to room temperature.
4. Stir in pineapple concentrate and rum.
5. Transfer the mixture to a freezer friendly container and place in the freezer, stirring occasionally until it is frozen. If you have an ice-cream maker, turn the liquid into it and freeze according to directions, then transfer to the freezer until ready to serve.
6. Use an ice-cream scoop to serve the ice into sherbet glasses.
Calories 297 Calories from Fat 26
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g4.8%
Saturated Fat 1.8 g9.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 5.5 mg0.2%
Total Carbohydrates 73 g24.3%
Dietary Fiber 7.6 g30.5%
Sugars 60.2 g
Protein 5 g9.4%
Vitamin A 0.2% Vitamin C 15.7%
Calcium 3.8% Iron 18.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet