Rum Flambe Jamaican Omelette
|Eggs||3 , separated|
|Demerara sugar||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Lemon||1 , juiced|
|Grated lemon rind||1|
|Apricot jam||2 Teaspoon (1 Dessertspoon)|
|Butter||1 1⁄2 Ounce (40 Gram)|
1. Into a basin add egg-yolks, 15 g / 1/2 oz of the sugar and 1 teaspoon lemon rind and whisk lightly.
2. In another bowl whisk egg-whites and salt.
3. For making the filling warm jam mash banana and mix with jam.
4. Put in rest of lemon rind and 1 tablespoon of the rum and heat gently.
5. For making the sauce in a small pan melt 25 g / 1 oz of the butter and the remaining sugar and let it cook for a few seconds.
6. Mix in 1 teaspoon lemon juice and the last 2 tablespoons of rum.
7. For completing the omelette in omelette pan melt remaining 15 g / 1/2 oz butter.
8. Fold egg mixtures together and in pan pour into hot butter.
9. Let it cook until golden underneath.
10. Under a low grill place for a minute to firm top and toast it until slightly golden.
11. On to a warmed dish lift omelette out placing on it the banana mixture and folding it over.
12. Pouring the hot sauce over serve at once.