Trinidad Homemade Custard Ice Cream
|Condensed milk||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Evaporated milk||2 Can (20 oz)|
|Coarse salt||1⁄2 Pound|
|Ice||12 Pint (12 Containers)|
|Custard powder||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (By Choice)|
1) Combine custard powder with 1/2 cup of cold water and mix well.
2) In a small pot, add 2 cups of boiling water and then the custard mixture.
3) Bring this to a boil until clear and take off from heat.
4) Take a large container; mix and stir well milk, vanilla and custard mix.
5) Pour the mixture into ice cream container, putting back pallet cover container.
6) Continue by filling ice around till it is packed and top ice with coarse salt.
7) Plug in the icecream mixer and wait until done.
8) Serve chilled.