Trinidad Homemade Custard Ice Cream
|Condensed milk||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Evaporated milk||2 Can (20 oz)|
|Coarse salt||1⁄2 Pound|
|Ice||12 Pint (12 Containers)|
|Custard powder||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (By Choice)|
1) Combine custard powder with 1/2 cup of cold water and mix well.
2) In a small pot, add 2 cups of boiling water and then the custard mixture.
3) Bring this to a boil until clear and take off from heat.
4) Take a large container; mix and stir well milk, vanilla and custard mix.
5) Pour the mixture into ice cream container, putting back pallet cover container.
6) Continue by filling ice around till it is packed and top ice with coarse salt.
7) Plug in the icecream mixer and wait until done.
8) Serve chilled.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1722 Calories from Fat 594
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 68 g103.9%
Saturated Fat 41.6 g207.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 260.8 mg86.9%
Sodium 76059.2 mg3169.1%
Total Carbohydrates 221 g73.6%
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 211.8 g
Protein 61 g122.2%
Vitamin A 41.6% Vitamin C 30.2%
Calcium 245.8% Iron 9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet