Jamaican Shicken Pineapple Run Down
|For the coconut rundown sauce|
|Onion||1 Medium, finely chopped|
|Red bell pepper||1 Medium, finely chopped|
|Jalapeno peppers||1 Medium, finely chopped|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), mince|
|Thyme leaves||1 Teaspoon|
|Coconut milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
|For the chicken|
|Chicken breasts||8 Ounce (boneless, skinless)|
|Pineapple chunks||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Finely chop the onion, red pepper, jalapenos, mince the garlic, keep separately on the chopping board.
2. In a large saucepan sauté the onion, red pepper, jalapenos, thyme and garlic with oil on medium heat and sauté for 5-7 minutes or until cooked through but not browned.
3. Add the coconut milk, salt and pepper and bring to a boil. Once it reaches to a boil reduce heat to very low and simmer for 30 minutes or until the sauce is thickened and reduced to about half. Keep stirring occasionally.
4. In the meantime in another pan you can sauté the chicken breast with oil until it is brown on all sides, you can grill it as well.
5. Once the chicken are done cut the browned chicken into bite-sized chunks.
6. Add the chicken to the rundown sauce along with the pineapple chunks and heavy cream.
7. Add a little water if needed to make a thinner sauce.
8. Once everything is added increase the heat bring it to a boil and then reduce the heat and simmer for about 10 to 15 minutes to cook the chicken completely.
9. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
10. Serve hot with rice or boiled green bananas.
Calories 753 Calories from Fat 530
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 62 g94.8%
Saturated Fat 36.9 g184.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 74 mg24.7%
Sodium 151.5 mg6.3%
Total Carbohydrates 39 g13.2%
Dietary Fiber 4.7 g18.9%
Sugars 31.4 g
Protein 18 g35.7%
Vitamin A 30.6% Vitamin C 111.6%
Calcium 7% Iron 17.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet