Caribbean Tuna Burgers
|Red onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), grated|
|Jalapeno pepper/Haberno pepper||1 , diced|
|Yellowfin tuna||2 Pound (no sinew or red blood line)|
|Cilantro/Teaspoon cumin||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Cayenne pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Argula greens/Leaf lettuce||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Jerk seasoning||2 Teaspoon|
|Curry mayo||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon (for cooking)|
|Water roll||4 , toasted|
|Mayonnaise||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Curry powder||2 Tablespoon|
|Dried thyme||2 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground allspice||2 Teaspoon|
|Ground black pepper||2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cayenne pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
1. Pulse the honey and ginger in a food processor. Add the onion, diced peppers, tuna and seasonings and just pulse a few times to combine. Make 4 patties and chill.
2. Heat about 2 tablespoons of oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
3. Dust the burgers with flour and sear for 1 minute on the first side.
4. Flip over and sear another minute if you like them rare.
5. To cook the burgers longer dump out the excess oil in the pan and place in oven until cooked to your liking.
6. Season the pineapple rings with the jerk seasoning and a drizzle of oil, grill or broil until lightly charred.
7. Construct the burgers on toasted buns, topping with the pineapple rings, arugula leaves and curry mayonnaise
Serve with fried plantain chips.